Contingency Search is the hallmark product of the recruiting industry and the mechanism Ortek most
often utilizes to prove its worth. When a client engages Ortek for a contingency search it is a
no-risk proposition as payment for service is due only after a candidate of ours is hired.
Ortek provides a comprehensive guarantee for candidates hired - ranging from a return of the
service fee to finding replacement candidates, should the employee not work out. We can also
structure the contingency arrangement to custom fit
the individual needs of the client.
The main advantages of a contingency search are:
A Retained Search is recommended for positions where the incumbent's performance will have major ramifications on the organization's ability to perform critical business functions. Openings such as these are often the hardest for an organization to fill and finding the right person for the job is essential. The purpose of a retained search is to identify top performers in their field who are
only passively interested in a new position - meaning they are not searching job boards nor
uploading resumes to job portals. However, should an excellent opportunity arise, these candidates
have a passive interest in exploring it. Retained searches often require maximum confidentiality and need to be performed with sensitivity.
The main advantages of a retained search are:
At Ortek every retained search is always managed by a partner of the firm and only our top recruiters and support staff work on these assignments. For us, retained search is as much a consulting service as it is a search service, and should we fail to deliver upon the agreed requirements of the search, we provide a money back guarantee.
Over 80% of companies in corporate America use some form of contract
staffing as it offers numerous benefits over traditional W-2 employees. Searches for mid-level contractors are conducted similarly to mid-level employee searches where we start with mass-market type recruiting and gradually move to a more directed relationship/network approach for requisitions where quality candidates are at a minimum. Searches for high end consultants are performed through traditional recruiting methods utilizing networking, relationships and our custom built database of providers.
Advantages of contractors and consultants:
Reduce Employment Costs
• No workers' compensation exposure or claims
• No employee benefits costs for medical, dental, vision, life, and 401(k)
• No added expense for holidays, vacations, sick time, etc.
• No administrative costs for hiring and processing new employment paperwork
• No administration costs associated with payroll withholdings, filings, and reporting’s
• Minimized risk of IRS and state audits because of worker misclassification
• Match staffing levels to your workload and project requirements
• Quick hiring process vs. lengthy direct placement cycle
• Option to terminate contract placement at any time
• Acquire needed resources through a standard purchase order versus capital budget
Temp - t o - D i r e c t C o n v e r s i o n
• Interview and assess real skills during the contract period
• Evaluate how the candidate its your corporate culture
Maintain Budget Controls
• Accelerate the pace at which projects reach completion
• Secure labor needed for projects through a purchase order
• Eliminate unnecessary overhead